Attracting & Retaining Talent
Provides participants with an awareness of the best practice for attracting and retaining talent in the workplace.
Participants will develop the knowledge and skills to apply these practices within their own company.
The course assists participants to explore and understand the benefits their organisation can offer as employers and how to package and market them in an attractive manner to engage candidates.
Recruiting and retaining talent is critical to an organisation’s success. As competition increases to attract and retain employees, this course will provide the best practice tools and frameworks to implement into your organisation.
Who is this training course intended for?
Suitable for any employee involved in attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining talent in their organisation.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand the challenges a company faces on managing Talent Attraction and Retention.
- Identify current legislation and policies in place for recruitment process.
- Recognise the importance of implementing a structured, consistent and repeatable process to attract, develop, engage and retain talent.
- Increase understanding of best practice industry trends of methods of attracting the right personnel through employer branding, recruitment, employee development and engagement.
- Identify practical approaches to employer branding, selection & assessment, onboarding, training & development and employee engagement.
- Develop an attractive Employee Value Proposition for their business, enabling them to compete effectively for skills and retain key talent.
- Understand the budgeting requirements for recruitment and retention and how to implement a budget to the best of a company’s ability.
Learn to build a culture to engage and retain employees.
Module 1: History
- Brief Tutorial on how Talent Attraction and Retention was managed in the past
Module 2: Current Challenges
- What are the challenges facing business now
- How can we overcome these challenges?
Module 3: Legislation
- Current legislation and policies in place for recruitment process
- Pitfalls to be careful off during the recruitment process
Module 4: The Art of Attraction
- Methods of attracting the right personnel
- The use of social media. Company brand, training, package, flexibility
- Attracting millennials and overseas talent
- Existing employees’ network and how to improve it
Module 5: Strategy
- A proactive strategy for attracting talent attracting
- Employee Value Proposition
Module 6: Retention
- Employee engagement
- On boarding
- Training and development
Module 7: Budgeting for Recruitment and Retention
- Resources that are required – time, money, expertise, training, development etc.
Module 8: Culture
- Building a culture to engage and retain employees
Course Delivery Method
This course consists of a one day workshop. The primary methodology underlying the training programme is experiential learning. Participants will engage in a workshop that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion and activity.
The workshop can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.
This programme can be customised and tailored for in-house delivery and incorporate reference to your particular organisations policy, procedures, practices and documentation. Please contact us if you would like further information about customised training.