Provides participants with the skills, knowledge and training to successfully manage and resolve conflict in the workplace.
Conflict in the workplace can be incredibly destructive to good teamwork, and managed in the wrong way can just lead to further dispute. Having the skills to take a positive approach to conflict resolution can really set you apart from your colleagues.
This interactive course on Conflict Resolution is designed to develop the skills in successfully and effectively managing and resolving conflict situations in the workplace. The course covers the importance of recognizing the causes of conflict as well as strategies and techniques to respond. Learners will gain the confidence to recognize and handle conflict in their work environment.
Who is this training course intended for?
Suitable for any employee of all levels who want to develop the skills to effectively deal with and resolve conflict in the workplace.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Explore and understand common workplace conflict
- Develop and practice the skills of resolving conflict
- Build confidence in handling conflict situations
- Identify own preferred style of resolving conflict
- Be aware of different styles of resolving conflict
- Recognising Workplace Conflict
- Definitions of Conflict
- The Components of Conflict
- Causes of Conflict
- Responding to Workplace Conflict
- The 3 F’s
- Developing a Strategy for Responding to Conflict
- The EEC Model
- Resolving Workplace Conflict
- Handling Difficult Conversations
- Practical Tips
- The Role of Mediation
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered through a workshop that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion, and activity.
The workshop can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.
This programme can be customised and tailored for in-house delivery and incorporate reference to your particular organisations policy, procedures, practices and documentation. Please contact us if you would like further information about customised training.