Customer Service Skills
Gain the knowledge and skills to deliver excellent customer service to internal & external customers within your organisation.
This Customer Service Skills training, holistic in its approach, combines theory with practice and provides an opportunity for participants to hear the benefits of implementing behaviours and process, see the benefits through demonstration of previous knowledge and apply them during a group exercise.
Participants will gain skills, strategies, and techniques to implement best practice customer service knowledge, skills and behaviours. There will be the opportunity for the training to allow participants to experience “real” situations and scenarios to transfer the theory of the course into practice.
At the end of the course participants will have increased confidence in dealing with customers, building rapport and understand customer needs and results in improving their ability to deliver excellent customer service.
Who is this training course intended for?
This course is suitable for any employee with the responsibility to of providing customer service in any aspect of their role.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Define the concept of stress and recognise the personal and organisation costs associated with high levels of stress
- Identify the causes of stress and the impact on your work performance and life in general
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of stress in both yourself and other people
- Identify a range of stress reduction techniques and coping strategies
- Utilise methods for coping and managing stress through the development of your own personal stress plan
Module 1 – What is Customer Service?
- Elements of a good quality service
- Understanding customers’ needs and perceptions
- Positive Attitude
- How effective communications has an impact on delivering excellent service
- Interactive exercises throughout
- Use of internal and external training and educational information
- Cross and Up-Selling Opportunities
Module 2 – Engaging with the Customer
- How to be engaging from the first point of contact
- Building customer rapport/relationship with customers
- Understanding and dealing with different types of customers
- Dealing with disgruntled customers – The LAST approach
- How to remain calm & composed in certain situations
- Top tips for effective customer service
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered through a workshop that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion and activity.
The workshop can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.
This programme can be customised and tailored for in-house delivery and incorporate reference to your particular organisations policy, procedures, practices and documentation. Please contact us if you would like further information about customised training.