Effective Selling Skills
Designed to get sales people performing at a high level.
The programme helps participants to build the skills, knowledge and attitude to aid them to maintain a positivity, plan and manage their time effectively and to research and plan before calling a potential client.
The programme will help them to go back to the basics of selling and to uncover the real needs of the customer, handle objections and close the sale.
The training, holistic in its approach combines theory with practice and provides an opportunity for participants, to experience the benefits of implementing behaviours and processes, see the benefits through demonstration of previous knowledge and apply them during various individual and group exercise.
At the end of the programme, participants will have increased confidence in understanding their client’s needs and a better understanding of the sales process increasing their ability to close the sale.
Who is this training course intended for?
This programme is aimed at Sales staff who are looking to build their confidence and skills in selling both by phone and face to face. Helping them to increase their success in making appointments and meetings face to face with their clients and presenting confidently once there.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Define and prioritise target customers
- Identify cross & upselling opportunities that will enable participants to introduce more beneficial products to clients
- Plan sales goals for the next 90 days
- Use the sales tools to establish the key decision-maker
- Apply tactics to get past the Gatekeeper
- Use tone, pace and voice to build rapport
- Handle objections confidently
- Engage and interact with the client using the presentation
- Close more business
Module 1 – Mindset and Attitude
- 6 Step Sales Process
- Building the correct mind set to sell effectively
- Introduce EAT – Expert, Action, Tactics
- How to Problem Solve in the Field
- High value and low value
- Understanding the tools available for research
- Setting a plan for staying ahead
- Blogs, websites and videos tools
- Understanding the marketing cycle – how are customer relationships built?
- Use of internal and external training and educational information
Cross and Up Selling Opportunities
Module 2 – Defining and prioritising customers & establishing key contacts
- Defining and Prioritising Your Target Customers
- Scoring your existing and potential customers against the criteria
- The 80/20 – profiling perfect customers
- Cross and up selling opportunities
- Asking quality questions
- Listening skills
- FAB – Features, Advantages, & Benefits
- Planning – 90 Day Sprints – how to guarantee your sales targets with your activity
- How to write SMART Goals and KPI’s that motivate
- How to chunk your goals into achievable actions
- KPI – setting the one target that matters
- Establishing your Key Contact/Decision Maker
- Use of Google & LinkedIn
- Networking – Reps, Distributors, Colleagues
- Calls to Key Contacts
- Defining your elevator pitch/value proposition
- Cold Calling
- Getting Past the Gatekeeper
Module 3 – Presenting to the client, building rapport and long term relationships
- How to create a world class presentation or pitch
- How to deliver a dynamic presentation
- How to engage and interact with the customer using the presentation
- How to incorporate all vital technical information into your own presentation
- The difference between open and closed questions
- How to use your key quality questions to identify the pain points
- How to ask client to take a trial of the product on the first appointment
- Implementing impulsing – urgency, fear of loss, indifference, the Jones Effect, greed
- Use of powerful language and body language
- Use of the brochure to engage the customer
- Typical objections
- Handling objections and close quickly and positively
- Statements to counteract those objections
- Closing your customer early
- Closing your customer at the end
- Closing your customer again
- Top negotiation tips
- Telesales & Appointment Making
- Building rapport and long term relationships
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered through a workshop that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion and activity.
The workshop can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.