Fire Safety Awareness
Provides learners with an increased level of awareness when dealing with fire hazards in the workplace.
The course will assist employees in recognising the controls necessary to reduce the risk of fire and the actions to be taken in the event of fire.
The course, which is relevant to all workplaces, will ensure that all employees are aware of their legal responsibilities in relation to reducing the risk of fire in the workplace, adhering to fire safety training and the importance of maintaining good housekeeping procedures.
Employers will benefit from a more competent and confident workforce who are equipped with the skills and knowledge to work in a safe and appropriate manner which will assist in reducing the likelihood of workplace accidents and injuries.
Who is this training course intended for?
This online training course is suitable for employees of all levels who wish to achieve a basic knowledge of fire safety procedures in the workplace. No previous training is required for this course.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the legislation relating to fire in the workplace
- Explain the chemistry of fire
- List the various classes of fires and types of fire extinguishers
- Outline the importance of emergency routes, fire exits and emergency lighting
- Recognise how good housekeeping can reduce the risk of fire
- Discuss the requirements for employee training
- Describe the role of the fire warden
- State the actions to be taken in the event of fire
- Outline the duties of the employer and the employee
Unit 1: Introduction to Fire Safety
- Reasons to manage fire safety
- Fire safety legislation
- Common causes of fire
- Chemistry of fire
- Classes of fires
Unit 2: Fire Safety Arrangements
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Emergency routes and exits
- Fire extinguishers
- Employee training
- Good housekeeping
Unit 3: Evacuation Procedures
- The role of the fire warden
- Actions to take in the event of fire
- Personal emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs)
- Duties of the employer
- Duties of the employee
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered online through Skills Team Online Learning Portal that can be used on any device – desktop, mobile or tablet – whenever and wherever you wish. You do not have to complete the course in one sitting and can pause, and come back to the course content at a later stage, as you see fit.
At the end of the course learners are required to complete a multiple choice exam, you will need to reach a mark of 80% or more to receive a certificate of completion. The certificate is valid for 2 years