Getting Back to Work COVID-19
Provides a practical and evidence based approach to managing risk from COVID-19 when returning to the workplace.
The course will equip learners with the knowledge to prevent the spread of the virus as well as protect their health and well-being.
The course covers what COVID-19 is, the symptoms and how it spreads. The course outline the requirements and protocols of the worker when returning to the workplace. Steps to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 are detailed including hand and respiratory hygiene practices. The duties of the worker, employer and worker representative and are explained. How to deal with suspected cases of COVID-19 in the workplace are also examined.
Coronavirus COVID-19 has effected many businesses and organisations. As the restrictions are gradually eased and businesses return to work there will be a new normal. Businesses will have to adjust and adapt and new health and safety procedures will need to be reviewed. Completion of this course will give learners the knowledge to prevent the spread of the virus as well as protect their health and well-being.
Who is this training course intended for?
This online training course is suitable for employees of all levels who wish to achieve a basic knowledge of the protocols and requirements of returning to work during the Coronavirus pandemic.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of preventing exposure to COVID-19
- Know how the Coronavirus is spread
- Be able to outline the duties of the Worker in relation to COVID-19
- Be fully aware of the duties of the Employer in relation to COVID-19
- Recognise the duties of the COVID-19 Worker Representative
- Understand the principles of good hand hygiene and respiratory hygiene
- Be able to implement social distancing protocols
Unit 1: Understanding Covid-19
- A brief overview of consensus scientific knowledge on the Covid-19 virus, routes of entry, transmissibility and infectivity
Unit 2: Hand Hygiene
- The importance of hand washing, drying and alcohol based hand rubs
Unit 3: Respiratory Hygiene
- Coughing and sneezing etiquette
Unit 4: Social Distancing
- Understanding what social distancing is
Unit 5: Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Minding your health during Coronavirus Pandemic
Unit 6: COVID-19 Return to Work Protocol Checklists
- Downloadable checklists
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered online through Skills Team Online Learning Portal that can be used on any device – desktop, mobile or tablet – whenever and wherever you wish.
You do not have to complete the course in one sitting and can pause, and come back to the course content at a later stage, as you see fit.
It takes approximately 90 minutes to complete.