Health & Safety Awareness
Health & Safety Awareness Training course has been designed to provide learners with a basic knowledge of health and safety training in the workplace.
The course will assist learners in complying with the requirements of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and the Safety Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007. The course, which is relevant to all workplaces, will also provide an understanding of the role of the Health and Safety Authority when carrying out workplace inspections.
Health and safety awareness training reduces the risk of workplace accidents and leads to a happier, healthier workforce with reduced absences from work. Employees will benefit from an increased level of awareness of workplace hazards and an ability to recognise unsafe situations in everyday workplace scenarios.
Who is this training course intended for?
The course is suitable for employees of all levels who require a basic knowledge of health and safety procedures in the workplace. No previous training is required for this course.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- List the benefits of health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Identify the legal responsibilities of the employer and the employee
- State the functions of the safety statement
- Recognise common workplace hazards
- Describe methods of controlling workplace hazards
Unit 1: Introduction to Health and Safety
- What is health and safety?
- Benefits of health and safety
- The role of the Health and Safety Authority
- Workplace injuries and fatalities
- Reasons to manage health and safety
- Consequences of poor health and safety
Unit 2: Health and Safety Legislation
- Primary legislation
- Responsibilities of the employer
- Responsibilities of the employee
- Overview of safety statement
Unit 3: Workplace Hazards
- What is a hazard?
- What is risk?
- Common workplace hazards
Unit 4: Controlling Hazards Part 1
- Manual handling
- Slips, trips and falls
Unit 5: Controlling Hazards Part 2
- Chemical safety
- Workplace equipment
- Moving traffic
- Safe working environment
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered online through Skills Team Online Learning Portal that can be used on any device – desktop, mobile or tablet – whenever and wherever you wish. You do not have to complete the course in one sitting and can pause, and come back to the course content at a later stage, as you see fit.
At the end of the course learners are required to complete a multiple choice exam, you will need to reach a mark of 80% or more to receive a certificate of completion. The certificate is valid for 2 years.