Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
This course takes you on a journey of Lean Six Sigma discovery and provides you with the skills, knowledge, and tools to complete Black Belt Projects successfully.
In any organisation, success is achieved by having a vision, products, and services that add value, efficient processes and procedures and people who are competent to do their job efficiently within a culture that supports improvement and development behaviours.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification programme will equip you with the knowledge, skills and business acumen to lead your team, develop the technical competencies and change management skills to lead Lean Six Sigma projects using the Lean Principles and DMAIC methodology.
This course focuses on cultural change and the role of Lean Six Sigma in the facilitation of change management and applying the tools to change the culture in the organisation.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt professional possesses a thorough understanding of all aspects of the Lean Six Sigma method including a high-level of competence in the subject matters contained within the phases of Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control (DMAIC).
The Lean Six Sigma professional has the ability to mentor many teams, monitor performance of the various activities and secure support from leadership to deliver genuine business improvements.
Month 1: 2 x Full Days - Define Phase:
- Lean Six Sigma Recap
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Kotter 8 Step Change Management
- Dealing with Change
- Stakeholder Identification and Analysis
- Stakeholder Management
- SMART Problem and Goal Statement
- Project Charter
- Understanding the Customer (CJM)
- Voice of the Customer – CTQC
- Value Stream Mapping
- Process Mapping
- KPI’s and SLA’s
- Operational Metrics
- Financial / Measurements
- Financial Advisor
- Team formation and charter
- Time Management for the Team
- Project Gantt and network charts
- Tollgate reviews and Phase questions
- Lean Concepts and tools used in LSS
- Define Phase Quiz
- Practical Scenario
Month 2: 2 x Full Days - Measure Phase:
- Data Collection Methods & Plans
- Sampling & Cleaning
- Data Types and Conversions
- Measurement System Analysis
- Gauge R & R in Minitab
- Attribute R&R in Minitab (Binary)
- Attribute R&R (Nominal & Ordinal)
- Basic Statistics
- DPMO & Sigma Level
- Descriptive Statistics – What is it
- Descriptive Stats in Excel & Minitab
- Statistics for Position and Spread
- Practice Statistics
- Graphical Methods in Excel 365
- Graphical Methods in Minitab
- Companion and Minitab
- Normal Distribution
- Binomial Distribution
- Poison Distribution
- Process Stability & Capability
- Capability in Minitab
- Box Cox Transformation
- Measure Phase Quiz
Month 3: 2 x Full Days - Analyse Phase:
- Correlation and Regression
- Prediction with Regression
- Inferential Statistics / Hypothesis
- 1 Sample and 2 Sample Tests
- More than 2 Sample Tests
- Non Normal data tests
- Kano Model explained
- Critical to quality Analysis
- Affinity Diagram
- Interrelationship Analysis
- WHY’s and FMEA
- Brainstorming Techniques overview
- Waste Discovery
- Waste in Manufacturing
- Waste in Services
- Value Add Analysis
- Takt time Analysis
- Gap Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Root Conflict Analysis
- Causal Mapping
- Process Analysis
- Simulation and What-if Scenarios
- Analyse Phase Quiz
- Practical Scenario
Month 4: 2 x Full Days - Improve Phase
- Solutions vs Problem
- Generating Solutions
- Prioritise Solutions
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Selecting the best solution
- Risk Analysis
- DOE Introduction
- Minitab DOE example
- DOE planning
- DOE example in Finance
- Intro to Kaizen
- Poka Yoke
- Managing Change
- Improve Phase Quiz
Month 5: 2 x Full Days - Control Phase
- Create Control Plan
- Statistical Process Control
- SPC in Minitab
- Kaban and Andon Boards
- Final Financial Savings
- Baseline V Project Results
- Escalation and Training
- Control Phase Quiz
Course Delivery Method
- The course consists of 10 full day training workshops delivered over 5 months.
- This course combines practical elements and theoretical learning and with an emphasis on helping you to become a fully qualified professional Lean Six Sigma practitioner.
- Complete a project. You can choose yours or we will provide you with the information to complete a virtual project.
- Present your project to the Master Black Belt when completed.
- You will receive an International accepted certification.
- Your Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate, which is valid for 3 years, will be issued to you on verification of completion via email.
What you need to complete the course
Hardware: a laptop or desktop computer running Windows 7, 8 or 10. Software: Minitab® and Companion by Minitab ®. MS Excel is advisable.
Most people will have a computer of some sort. The reason we advise a PC with Windows installed is that the analytical software (Minitab 17.18 and higher) work a lot better on a PC. Also, Companion by Minitab ® is a fabulous software program that has all the Lean Six Sigma tools available. You can even create extra tools if you like with your company logo etc.
Companion by Minitab ® is software for managing your company’s entire continuous improvement programme. We select this software because LSS practitioners usually use a variety of disjointed software to create, track and present their work. To be successful, project teams need easy access to the right problem-solving tools so they can concentrate on the work at hand and execute projects more efficiently. Easy access to this software, including its dashboard, are essential for executives to access the status and progress of the projects. www.minitab.com/powerofcompanion.
In order to make it easy for the learners, we have negotiated a special price for both software packages for 6-month licenses. One year licenses are also available at an additional cost. We have included the cost of 6 months license for ‘Companion’ into the overall course price.