Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Lean Six Sigma training tailored for the services sector
This course provides you with the Lean Six Sigma Training curriculum tailored to the Services Sector. It has been developed using a tailored approach that has been successfully deployed and rigorously tested in the following sectors.
- Financial sector: AIB, Bank of Ireland, Central Bank, NTMA, NAMA, Grant Thornton etc.
- Health sector: trained and mentored staff in various hospitals and HSE – Back office: Microsoft, Office Depot, Google, SITEL, IBM, HP, HERTZ etc.
- Public Sector: DSP, DPER, CRO
- Educational Sector: NUIG and UCD
- IT Sector: trained people in the technology sector
The aim of the Green Belt Lean Six Sigma course is to help you to improve productivity and quality and provide you with the skills necessary to work on projects to transform a business. You don’t need any previous knowledge or experience of Lean Six Sigma to sign up for the Green Belt course. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training will provide you with the necessary skills to work on projects that can transform your business. By completing this course you will be certified in a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt qualification.
Benefits of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training
- You will gain a practical understanding of the history and reasons for Lean Six Sigma.
- Understand the principles, concepts, and tools of Lean Six Sigma
- Become familiar with the key tools needed to solve practical business problems
- Understand how Lean Six Sigma can be incorporated into the management systems of a company
- Identify some initial guideline and criteria for selecting, reviewing and evaluating Lean Six Sigma green belt projects
- Understand how these programmes can be applied to embed an effective continuous improvement program to reduce waste and variation in business
- Help Your Organization Eliminate Errors.
- Improve Business Processes and Sustain Quality Improvement.
- Applicability across Industries.
- Ensure Compliance.
- Helps Nurture Managerial and Leadership Ability.
- Excellent Salary.
- Gain Hands-On Experience in Quality Management.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Learners will be able to solve problems using Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Develop the skills and knowledge to complete Lean Six Sigma projects successfully
- Map processes and improve their performance
- Apply DMAIC methods and tools after completing the course
- The course focuses mainly on Lean with the introduction of Lean Six Sigma and data analysis.
- The student will leave the course with all the tools that they require to deliver Green Belt Projects in the Services industry
Day 1: Define
Recap a few principles:
During the 1st interactive module, we do a recap of the basics previously learned in the Yellow Belt Course will discuss:
- Business Success and Cost of poor quality
- Internal and External Customers.
- What Lean and Lean Six Sigma focus on (DMAIC)
- When to do a PMI or Prince Project instead of a Lean Six Sigma Project.
- Performance and Capability.
- DPMO and Sigma Level.
- IPO Model and ‘What is a process?
Define: Defining the Problem and the Opportunities
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Smart Problem & Goal Statement
Understanding Customer Experiences
- Voice of the Customer & Affinity Diagram
- Critical to Quality Tree (CTQ) & Customer Journey Mapping
Value Stream and Process Mapping
- SIPOC process map & Stakeholder Analysis
- Value stream and Process mapping
Managing the Lean Six Sigma Project
- Project Structure and Gantt Chart
- Lean Concepts and tools used in Lean Six Sigma for the Services Sector.
- Creating a good Project Charter
Day 2: Measure
- KPIs & SLAs and Operational Definitions
- Data Types and Conversions
Collecting and Preparing the Data
- Data Collection Methods and Plans
- Sampling & Analysing Text Data
Check the Quality of the Data
- Measurement System Analysis
- DPMO & Introduction to Statistics
- Sigma Levels and Distributions
How is the Process Behaving?
- Introduction to Hypothesis testing
- Normality and Process Stability
Baselining and Process Capability
- Collecting the Baseline Data
Day 3: Analyse
Analyse the Critical to Quality
- CTQT Analysis
- Find the Potential Root Cause(s)
- Brainstorming techniques & Gap Analysis
- 5 WHYS, Cause and Effect Analysis
- FMEA Value-Add / Non-Value-Add / Necessary-Non-Value-Add
- VA, NVS & NNVA Analysis
- Graphical Techniques
- Using Graphs
- Confidence Intervals
13 Hypothesis Testing
- Hypothesis testing
- Correlation and Regression
- Correlation & Scatterplot
Day 4: Improve
Generate Solutions & Prioritise
- Discovering & Prioritise Solutions
- Error Proofing & Visual Management
Create & Analyse a Pilot Study
- Pilot Study
- Risk Analysis & Dealing with Change
Prepare & Deploy Solution
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Create New Experiences
Day 5: Control
- Control Plans
Standardise the Solution
- Standardise Processes
Statistical Process Control
- Project report & Sign-off
- Escalation Process
- Project closure, Lessons learned, Training & Handover
End of the modules
Course Delivery Method
The course consists of 5 full day training workshops.
As part of this course, you are required to complete a Green Belt Project, which must be completed and ready to present to the Master Black Belt, not later than 3 months after starting the course or when you feel you are ready. You can choose your own or we will provide you with a project.
Present your project via Skype or Face to Face with the Master Black Belt.
Green Belt Project
It is best to select a project within your area of work, in other words, an area where you are a subject matter expert or at least an area that you are familiar with. To help you identify your Green Belt Project, think of the 3 D’s:
Delays – Cycle time reduction. Wait time reduction. Lead time reduction…
Defects – Errors turning into Defects creating rework.
Deviations – Areas where the process is poor and not mapped and needs improvement
After successfully completing this course and the required assessments, you will receive an internationally recognised certification, which is valid for 3 years, signed by the Master Black Belt.
What you need to complete the course
We provide you with an Excel workbook. This workbook contains all the relevant tools to complete a project in the Services Sector. No need for additional Software, however, you could use Minitab and Quality Companion if you want a more professional approach.