Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Provides you with the foundation of Lean Six Sigma.
Lean Six Sigma was introduced in Motorola in the 1980s, and later applied by Boeing, Kodak, Digital, and many other organisations. Jack Welch in GE brought it to full industry attention by the successful application of Six Sigma’s methodology in 1995.
From manufacturing, it then moved into the service sector with verifiable cost savings being achieved, particularly, in financial services. Later application of Lean Six Sigma has been covered in all sectors including the public sector.
The course will help you to improve quality, efficiency and productivity in a team and potentially progress to be improvement project leaders. (Green or Black Belts). It introduces the Lean Six Sigma approach, roles, and toolkit. The DMAIC methodology and project management requirements are developed as well as Process Mapping, Data Capture and Analysis, Value Stream Analysis and Statistical thinking, analysis and tools.
This programme provides basic skills training to enable you to commence your own application of Lean Six Sigma principles and techniques within your own organisations.
Who is this training course intended for?
This course will benefit individuals who are:
- Currently in organisations where they are thinking about applying the Lean Six Sigma approach.
- Responsible for a project where they want to implement improvement or across the wider organisation.
- In an organisation using the approach but do not have the right knowledge, practical experience or theory to put it into practice.
- Supporting or mentoring the success of Lean Six Sigma improvement or projects of all types.
Benefits of Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training
- Help Your Organization Eliminate Errors.
- Improve Business Processes and Sustain Quality Improvement.
- Applicability across Industries.
- Ensure Compliance.
- Helps Nurture Managerial and Leadership Ability.
- Excellent Salary.
- Gain Hands-On Experience in Quality Management.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Discover a profound understanding of the Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Acquire an overview of Lean Six Sigma concepts and the Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control process, along with a group of basic problem solving tools
- Discover the perfect tools that are most suitable for you and how to use them
- Build the capability of analysing processes and how to improve them
- Assist in GB or BB process improvement projects
- Once you certify you can join green and black belt projects
Module 1 to 6: Define Phase
- Lean Six Sigma Definition and Benefits
- Lean Six Sigma methodology and reporting
- Project selection and scoping
- Setting up a Project Team Customers and their requirements
- Cause and Effect Diagrams and Matrices Project Charters and Project Planning
Module 7 to 9: - Measure Phase
- Containment Measurement
- Variation and Data, Data Collection
- Planning Baseline Performance
- Cost of Poor Quality
Module 10 to 11: - Analyse Phase
- Graphical Analysis tools
- including Charts, Root Cause Analysis, and Verification
Module 12 to 14: - Improve Phase
- Improvement Alternatives and Selection
- Pilots and Validation of Improvements
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Error Proofing
Module 15 to 15: - Control Phase
- Visual Displays and Controls
- Control Charts
- Control/Reaction Plans
- DMAIC review
- Project reviews
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered online and consists of 14 modules that must be completed within 1 month.
After successfully completing the modules you are required to complete a 20 question assessment.
After successfully completing this course and the required assessment, you will receive an internationally recognised certification, which is valid for 3 years, signed by the Master Black Belt.
Master Black Belt Mentor
Our Master Black belt trainer is an expert in Lean Six Sigma Project Management, Process Improvement, and Continuous Improvement and he is also a TRIZ professional.
- Lean Six Sigma, Operations Management, Help Desk, People Management, and Project Management.
- Developing and implementing a variety of improvement programmes for corporate clients.
- Some clients include Hertz, Microsoft, Revenue Commissioners, Trigraph, IBM, SITEL, Office Depot, and HP.
- Previous experience as a Director of three It Companies spanning a 15 year period.
- Certified Master Black Belt
- IASSC Accredited
- Certified TRIZ Professional
- Diploma in Quality Management
- Certified ‘Advanced Predictive Modeling’ using SPSS
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- NUI, Maynooth Certification in Training
- Certified Adobe Train the Trainer
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering