Equips participants with a solid foundation in Management Principles
Professional Course to enhance your Management Skills
Skills Team believe that continuous professional development is the key ingredient to a successful and rewarding career.
This programme has been developed by Skills Team Training as a professional Management Development Programme focusing on helping Managers lead their teams to success. The focus will be on increasing the capacities of managers in a number of key activities including managing, organising, planning, leading, communicating, motivating, delegating, developing self, change and finance.
This course gives you a solid foundation and knowledge in key Management Principles. It will give you the confidence to implement your new skills and knowledge straight away and deliver your KPI’s and objectives leading your team to success.
The versatile management skills gained in this course will enable you to transfer to any leadership role.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate a Management Style which supports effective communication at all levels.
- Understand the impact of different styles of leadership, motivational theory and its impact on staff and its importance of good working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Align the team’s Vision, Mission, Direction and Strategy with the Company Vision.
- Implement tools to support prioritising and delegation.
- Develop the process of strategic management thinking.
- Utilise a range of appropriate methods to provide 360 feedback in a culture that promotes engagement.
- Analyse your business KPI’s and set objectives to address key issues.
- Implement a coaching approach to develop team competencies further.
- Develop awareness of building personal resilience.
Module 1: Management Style
- Your role and responsibilities as a Manager in the workplace
- Aligning with organisational values and culture
- Knowing your management style and the impact on staff
- Changing approaches to Management and Leadership
Module 2: Managing the Team
- Challenges of Managing Teams / Geographically Dispersed Teams
- Analysing the team – Team Effectiveness Assessment
- Effective Development, Motivation and Discipline
- Labour Law for Managers
- Recognise the benefits of delegation and accountability
Module 3: Performance Management That Motivates
- Evaluating performance and ongoing coaching / feedback
- Setting performance KPI’s
- Inspire performance by setting challenging SMART objectives
- Conduct Effective Performance Reviews
Module 4: Managing External Customers
- Understand your Customers
- Identify Customer expectations
- Communicate with Customers
- Focus on Service and Continuous Feedback
- Measure your Customer Service Levels
Module 5: Self-Management
- Building Resilience
- Time Management
- Work-Life Merge
- Personal Development Plan
Module 6: High Level Skills
- Decision Making
- Communication and Collaboration
- Social Awareness
Module 7: Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- The role of finance in business
- Commonly used financial terminology
- How to read financial statements, P&L & Balance Sheets
- Cash Flow and Liquidity
- Capital Expenditure
- Margin Enhancement
- The role of finance in planning and decision making
Module 8: The Impact of GDPR - Phase 2
- An assessment of the key actions which enables you to identify how GDPR impacts upon your business
- An understanding of the roles of Data Controller, Data Processor, Data Protection Officer and The Supervisory Authority
- The ability to recognise and manage Data Subject Requests
- The knowledge to identify a data breach from “an incident”.
- How to create a data breach response plan.
Module 9: Managing Change
- Why Change
- Change Management Principles
- Reason for Change
- Building Momentum & Managing Reluctance
Module 10: 21st Century Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Finding Opportunities to Grow
Build Your Own Management Development Programme
The benefit of this programme is that you can choose the modules that are relevant to your specific business needs and we will tailor the training to suit your individual requirements. The length of your Programme will be dependent on which modules you wish to focus.
Each module is delivered through a 2-3 hour workshop. The primary methodology underlying the training programme is experiential learning. Participants will engage in workshops that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion and activity.
I don’t see the modules I am interested in
No problem. Please let us know what specific module title you are interested in and we will tailor the programme to incorporate this content.
Example of other module titles:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Managing Projects
The workshops can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.
This programme can be customised and tailored for in-house delivery and incorporate reference to your particular organisations policy, procedures, practices and documentation. We can deliver the programme in the timeframe that it suits you, for example; we can deliver one workshop a day every week or spaced out every two weeks etc.
Please contact us if you would like further information about customised training.