Managing Diversity in the Workplace
Enables participants to reflect on their attitudes and behaviours in order to promote diversity in the workplace.
Diversity is an essential ingredient for any organisation that wants to build a happier, more productive, and more effective workplace.
This interactive course on diversity in the workplace is designed to define diversity and equality in the workplace and to share practical strategies on how to create a workplace culture were everybody feels valued.
Creating a workplace environment and culture that is more diverse and inclusive can imbue organizations with creative new ideas and perspectives and lead to increased customer satisfaction by improving how employees interact with a more diverse clientele and public.
An organization known for diversity can lead to a larger pool of applicants to choose from when recruiting allowing you to find more qualified candidates.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Define Diversity and equality in the workplace.
- Harness the benefits of differences in the workplace.
- Understand the legal obligations for employers in Ireland.
- Recognising the importance of a healthy workplace Culture.
- What is Diversity Management?
- Managing Diversity and equal opportunity at work.
- Diversity Management Model and overcoming challenges.
- Legal obligations regarding diversity and equality at work.
- Supporting policies and procedures.
- Creating a culture where people understand and respect differences.
- Individual action plan for implementing learning gained.
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered through a workshop that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion and activity.
The workshop can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.
This programme can be customised and tailored for in-house delivery and incorporate reference to your particular organisations policy, procedures, practices and documentation. Please contact us if you would like further information about customised training.