Managing Underperformance, Absence and Stress
Provides participants with the knowledge and confidence to manage underperformance, absence and stress in their team.
The course offers practical performance management training to those who have a responsibility for managing the performance and conduct of staff/employees while dealing with stress related matters that require consideration.
The course is interactive and will bring consistency in applying performance management, managing absence and stress within the work place. The course will assist leaders to recognise their role and contribution to effectively manage in these areas.
The benefit of this course is that it equips participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to manage under performance, problematic absence and complaints of work-related stress to get desired improvement in performance or attendance.
Who is this training course intended for?
This course is suitable for any manager at any level who wants a greater confidence in dealing with absence and poor performance in staff.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of and how to Manage Underperformance, Absence and Stress in the workplace.
- Understand the legal and best practice context for dealing with absence and poor performance
- Approach these difficult issues successfully and effect change
- Return to their work place with the tools and confidence to excel in these areas.
- Creating and sustaining high performance in the workplace
- The principals of performance management
- Setting performance measures
- Reviewing and assessing performance
- Performance review meetings
- Examine the tools available for both the management and prevention of absences in the work place
- The costs associated with workplace absences
- Managing absences
- Absence policies
- Pitfalls – pregnancy related
- The importance of good documentation and data for the management of absences
- Reasonable adjustments
- Long term absences v’s short terms absences
- Stress in the workplace
- How to recognise stress
- Dealing with stress related complaints/grievances
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered through a workshop that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion and activity.
The workshop can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.
This programme can be customised and tailored for in-house delivery and incorporate reference to your particular organisations policy, procedures, practices and documentation. Please contact us if you would like further information about customised training.