New to Management
Provides learning in the skills that support Managers to help keep employees motivated, productive and committed.
One of the major challenges faced by Managers new to their role is how to lead, communicate with and interact with employees.
The New to Management training programme is designed to provide a basis for new Managers to identify their role within an organisation and how it aligns with Corporate Values, Culture and expectations. The programme will aid participants to learn how to work more effectively in the workplace and to recognise their own resources and capabilities enabling them to work to their full potential.
It is designed to take the participant through the journey of understanding what a Managers role is, how it fits into an organisation, the purpose of their role and how a Managers role supported with the right tools and an understanding of how to gain the best from their staff impacts success.
The training, holistic in its approach, combines theory with practice and provides an opportunity for participants, to hear the benefits of implementing behaviours and process, see the benefits through demonstration of previous knowledge and apply them during a group exercise.
Participants will gain skills, strategies, and techniques to implement new process and manage behaviours in their day to day role.
Who is this training course intended for?
This programme is aimed at Managers either managing on an individual basis, leading a team or transitioning into a role which will require them to lead at their best in today’s competitive business environment.
It is relevant to all industries and workplace environments and our in house training courses can be tailored to suit individual workplaces.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Understand the impact of different styles of leadership, motivational theory and its impact on staff and the importance of good working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Demonstrate a Management style which supports effective communication at all levels. Implement tools to support prioritising and delegation.
- Utilise a range of appropriate methods to provide management to staff and staff to management feedback, in a culture that promotes engagement
- Recognising their level of adaptability when working with or leading a diverse workforce.
- Implement a coaching approach to develop competencies further.
Module 1: Management Approach
- Your role as a Manager in the workplace
- Aligning with organisational values and culture
- Knowing your management style and the impact on staff
Module 2: Communicate Effectively
- Recognise the benefits of delegation and accountability
- Communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation
- Prepare and be confident in crucial conversations to achieve desired outcomes
Module 3: Planning Skills
- Recognise and Manage motivation
- SMART Goal setting
- Learn the tools to support managing your time effectively
Module 4: Diversity & Culture Awareness
- 4 Competencies for successful adaptability in a diverse workforce
- Coaching a team for success
Also included will be an online questionnaire with a feedback report, of the CCAI Culture Awareness Adaptability Inventory.
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered through a workshop that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion and activity.
The workshop can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.
This programme can be customised and tailored for in-house delivery. Please contact us if you would like further information about customised training.