Designed to help participants to understand and recognise the personal and organisational cost of stress.
This course enables participants to identify the causes and symptoms of stress and its impact on their work and home lives. In this training, the range of effective stress reduction techniques and practical coping strategies to build resilience are explored.
Stress Management training helps you increase your awareness of stress, your ability to recognise and manage stress on a personal level and to understand stress in a work context leading to improved physical and mental health and increased productivity and responsibility.
At the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Define the concept of stress and recognise the personal and organisation costs associated with high levels of stress
- Identify the causes of stress and the impact on your work performance and life in general
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of stress in both yourself and other people
- Identify a range of stress reduction techniques and coping strategies
- Utilise methods for coping and managing stress through the development of your own personal stress plan
- What is Stress
- How your react to stress
- Acute stress & chronic stress
- Where stress comes from
- How resilient are you
- What you can do
- Prevention skills
- Impact on the individual
- Impact on the organisation
- Managing stress in the workplace
- Time management
- Feeding your body
- Sleep and water
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress management tips
Course Delivery Method
This course is delivered through a workshop that introduces theory which is then supported and developed through reflection, discussion and activity.
The workshop can be delivered via instructor-led traditional classroom, on-site and in-house or online live virtual classroom – you choose.
This programme can be customised and tailored for in-house delivery and incorporate reference to your particular organisations policy, procedures, practices and documentation. Please contact us if you would like further information about customised training.